Capsicum Yellow Flavor And Health Benefits
Green, yellow, orange and red are some of the main colors of bell peppers and most typically, unripe fruits are green or, less commonly, pale yellow or purple. Let us get into the details of yellow capsicum.
The Color Yellow
- The wonderful yellow bell peppers achieve their color by simply being left on the plant for an extended period of time before picking.
- Glossy, smooth-skinned, and blocky, their thick walls enfold an outsized bowl-shaped segment to which their seeds are attached to.
- Yellow capsicums have a taste that’s like fruit, however, milder than their orange or red counterparts.
- When grilled the yellow varieties will taste fantastic and they are sure to be an eye-candy especially to stir-fries.
Capsicum Yellow Health Benefits
- Capsicum Yellow is Rich in Vitamin ‘C’ and Vitamin ‘A’ that make skin, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels; repairs and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth, to heal wounds and to form scar tissue.
- The national institute of health has said that Vitamin C may help prevent cancer by blocking the damage made by free radicals.
- Dietary fiber powers up the immune system and helps in keeping the skin young-looking.
- Capsicum Yellow are low in calories and people who diet can consume a lot that helps you meet the daily quota of Vitamin A and C.
- Yellow bell capsicums contain vitamin B6, which is vital for the well-being of the nervous system and it also helps renew cells.
- The enzymes present in it is said to defend the eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration later in life, lutein is its name.
- The Capsaicin content present in it is highly beneficial to Arthritis; initially, it works by stimulating, and thereby diminishing the intensity of throbbing signals in the body.
- The same Capsaicin acting as an antioxidant helps protect body’s cell damage.
Flavor And Nutrition
Capsicums are sweeter and not hot to eat and it comes loaded in terms of nutrition. Of all other colors, the yellow capsicum is a good source of vitamins A and C and provides with dietary fiber as well.
Selection And Storage
- Yellow capsicums that are firm and glossy should be purchased and avoid the ones that are wrinkled and dull looking; lookout for soft spots and blemishes and avoid them too.
- Consider using vegetable crisper when it comes to storing capsicum or you can also store them in a plastic bag and keep it in the refrigerator.
- However, it is suggested that you use them within few days say two or three.