Mango Ginger Health Information And Uses
Plants and trees are considered as extremely sacred in many parts of the countries especially in India. Indian women love flowers and decorate their long hair them with various flowers.
The tribal women of India wear a crown that is made of flower in their head to enhance their appearance. Some of the flowers the Indian women love are Jasmine, Rose, lily and other types of rich flowers. Even god and goddesses of India decorate their head with various types of flowers.This topic will deal with a plant named Mango ginger which falls under the family Zingiberaceae.
The botanical name of this plant is Curcuma amada. This plant has morphological resemblance with ginger but has raw mango flavor.
Uses Of Mango Ginger
- It is used as an ingredient in pickles and other cuisines.
- It is considered as an appetizer, alexteric, antipyretic, aphrodisiac, diuretic, emollient, expectorant and laxative and to cure biliousness, itching, skin diseases, bronchitis, asthma, hiccough and inflammation.
- This plants is considered as a free radical quencher and has antioxidant activity, antibacterial activity, antifungal activity.
- It is used as an anti-inflammatory activity, platelet aggregation inhibitory activity, cytotoxicity, antiallergic activity.
- It is also can be used for hypotriglyceridemic activity, brine-shrimp lethal activity, enterokinase inhibitory activity, depressant and analgesic activity.
- The chemical components that are starch, phenolic acids, volatile oils, curcuminoids and terpenoids like difurocumenonol, amadannulen and amadaldehyde.
- In India it is cultivated in Gujarat, W. Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.